中文| Русский

Holy Iveron Icon of the Theotokos Church of Harbin

This Church was built in the 1908 in the former Amur Military District, and after the Bolshevik Revolution it was dedicated to the Iveron (Iberian) Icon of the Mother of God. Archpriest Fr Nikolai Voznesenky (future Bishop Dimitry of Hailar and the father of Metropolitan Philaret) served as its second rector.

According to Harbin municipal religious archive, Fr Valentin Baryshnikov served as the seventh rector, while the eighth and last rector was Fr Gregory Zhu until its closing in 1966 at the onset of the cultural revolution.

Located at 7, Factory Lane, Jìjiàng Street, Dàolǐ District, today it has been left in bad condition.

Photos
 

1920s photo from Japan

March 26, 1940 postcard from Japan

1930s photo from Japan

Photos from Chudnova Irina V.

1930s postcard from USA

1930s postcard from Japan

1930s postcard from Japan

1930s photo from Japan

1931

1930s postcard
from Japan

1910s postcard
from the U.S.

1930s postcard from Japan

Postcard from Japan

Postcard from Japan

1910s postcard from "Vintage Postcards"

taken by Stéphane Passet, July 1913
«Chine, 1909-1934 : catalogue
des photographies et des séquences
filmées du Musée Albert Kahn»